Sunday, September 7, 2014

Coach Alberto Zaccheroni returns home to Italy

Coach Alberto Zaccheroni  (Japan Soccer representative) returned to his home country Italy today (July 1, 2014)

In his interview before leaving Japan, he conveyed his frank feelings.

“I really had a very good relation with the organization, the team and the players, and I say this with frank feeling. You can understand this by seeing the warm reception by all these supporters, and as we have created a very good relation, somehow I have a strongly feeling of loneliness. I think that the memories of these 4 years in Japan would firmly stay in my heart. I really thank you all for having a wonderful time for all these four years spent together. I feel that you have given me more than what I have given you.”
Then he said in Japanese language “Ganbarimashou” (Meaning: Let us work hard). "

Question: Do you have any plans to coach a team in future?

I will take rest for some time, and would like to take full rest. I would go back to my family and spend some time, and yet I have not exhausted all my passion to soccer here. Initially, I will take rest, and there is a possibility that I may do some activity. It is difficult to think the next immediately after dealing with such a wonderful 4 years, and such a wonderful team. It is very difficult to move to new reality after having such a reality. I think that it would not be honest to say more than this, and with that, of course I still have an option of “Retirement”.

Question: Finally, do you have any message to the people of Japan?

“Even after returning to my home country, the supporters and citizens greeted with warm welcome. They dealt with me as if we really won the World Cup. I personally feel that every day in these four years, the people who I come across the streets, and those in the stadium, the supporters gave us a lot of support, and I really feel receiving a lot of energy from them. The supporters wished to convey their emotions of the coach, and I wish to convey to those supporters would stay in the heart of the coach eternally.”



Those who worked hard for Japan would return to the home country with only good memories.

The result of the World Cup was not good, but I feel very proud about the Japanese who accepted their coach warmly until the end.

You have all put your best efforts. Thanks.

No comments: