Sunday, March 23, 2014

Missing post office

A mystery post office that catches the unfocussed anger.
Even if it wants to convey the desire, it does not convey…



The Kume Island floating in the Seto Inland Sea at Kagawa Prefecture with a population of 290 people.
The missing post office was opened on October 2013.
Here the letter that cannot be mailed normally reaches this post office like “To the parents in heaven”, “To the loved earth”, “To my future husband” etc.
The letter to the person, material, animal, and any kind of recipient is accepted.
The letters are stored in the post-office box, and anyone visiting the missing post office can read.
The postmaster Mr. Katsuhisa Nakata (79 years old) was born and brought up in this island.
If the letter that reaches here deeply moves then it becomes the news, and more than 400 letters have already been collected.



I am sharing some of those letters here. 

Mother. I did not cry when you died last summer.
When you was alive, we were only making abusive language at each other ….
Probably it is surely going to be the same if we meet now.
However, I am reviving only the affectionate memories during the childhood during this year.
Making the pudding for me. Reading the picture book for me.
The happiest time when you bought me the piano.

Actually, I want to folk dance with you.
Though excited and throbbing when I could not rotate in order fast….
The tune has ended just before completion. Several autumns has passed from that time.
How are you now?

You are expecting your 60th birthday next year, and I really wanted to marry you.
I want to be your bride and then live the life together.
However, I cannot marry you from the initial time.
I am parting tearfully like tearing a live tree.
Yet, I am walking along the road.
More than 30 years have passed from that time and yet
In spite of it, I cannot forget it even now.
I like you very much.
We cannot meet again but
This feeling will not change at all in the future.
I will keep this deep in my heart.

Letter to my deceased husband
After you start the journey suddenly
I am crying daily, and so as not to worry
I am perfectly doing the business like activities
I am weeping by holding my hands at the Buddhist shrine.
Love letter to my address in the articles left by the departed.
Wrote with ink in one big notebook
Big thanks that I have found it after 65 years
I am still crying
Your feelings towards me is the same from the start to the end, and it is happiness
Will be thankful if we can meet in the next world
Wrapped the notebook in purple wrapping paper, and put in the bed.


The letter that cannot be mailed to the concerned person has been exhibited in the “Missing post office”.

Face book
https://www.facebook.com/missingpostoffice






The post office that accepts the letter that with address that could not be understood.
Addressed to anyone, anytime and anywhere…. 

Is it not COOL. 

No comments: